I have been fortunate to attend trainings for many modalities of therapy and I have come to understand that there is something that works for each of us.
While meeting with clients I consider the importance of our past experiences, our current state of mind and our future goals. I believe in compassion and balance, and working towards a better self without judgement.
In sessions, one of my goals is to be mindful and offer a safe place for clients to share personal thoughts and experiences. Being present in each moment allows me to focus on a strong therapeutic relationship with my clients. This relationship then leads to us collaboratively establishing goals as well as working toward goals.
Education and Training:
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy Training, 2017
- An Introduction to DBT with Adolescents In a Community Mental Health Setting, 2016
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Anxiety & Related Disorders in Children and Youth Training, 2016
- Early Psychosis Intervention Provincial Training Program, 2015-2016
- Connect Parent Group Training, 2015
- Attachment, Self-regulation and Competency Training, 2014
- Selective Mutism Treatment Training, 2014
- Recognizing and Responding to Suicide Risk Training, 2014
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training, 2013-2014
- Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology, 2010-2013
- Practical Dialectical Behavior Therapy Strategies for Self-Injury Workshop, 2013
- Strategies in Working with Suicidal Clients Workshop, 2013
- The Biology of Loss workshop (Certificate of Completion), 2012
- Trauma: The impact of Violence, Abuse, & Neglect on Children (Certificate of Completion) Workshop, 2010
- Becoming a more Effective Counselor Certificate Workshop, 2010
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate Training, 2008
- Threat assessment Training Level 1, 2007
- Diploma in Child and Youth Care, 2005
- BSc (Hons.) Psychology and Criminal Justice, 2003
Professional Affiliations: RCC with BCACC